Pedestrian Accidents versus Car Accident Cases

The difference between a pedestrian accident and a car accident is the extent of the injuries can be pretty significant. If you have a slow moving car accident, the injuries may not be as extensive as they are when you have a vehicle versus pedestrian accident.

But, what if the accident was a hit-and-run?

If it was a hit-and-run, as long as you have a police report or some other witnesses who stopped and got the vehicle information, then it is like other pedestrian accident cases.

However, if the motorist was never apprehended and is impossible to identify, a Reno personal injury lawyer would typically pursue a claim against the pedestrian’s uninsured motorists’ coverage. Even though you’re not in an automobile at the time, uninsured motorist insurance provides coverage if someone in another vehicle is driving and injure you.

If a close relative who is with me witnesses my pedestrian accident case, are there pain and suffering damages for witnesses?

Yes, if a close family member witnesses the accident they can recover for emotional distress damages for having gone through the trauma.

Minors injured by a motorist

You would have to look at the insurance policy, but I’m pretty sure that the minor would meet the definition of insured, but every policy is different. You should consult an attorney to be sure there is coverage.

Attorney Patrick Leverty

Attorney Patrick LevertyWith his master’s in insurance law, Patrick routinely helps individuals and businesses who are having issues with their insurance company. He also has extensive experience with personal injury actions, complex tort actions, product liability matters, and class actions. Patrick Leverty is rated AV by Martindale Hubbell (the highest rating) and has been granted membership in the Million Dollar Advocate Forum, and Multi-Million Dollar Advocate Forum. Patrick Leverty has been certified as a Personal Injury Specialist by the State Bar of Nevada. [ Attorney Bio ]