Las Vegas Fire Loss Claim Denied Attorneys
Our homes are safe havens. We come home from a long day at work and cherish the roof over our head and the security of being safe in our community. However, sometimes that security is ruined when a fire breaks out in our home and our cherished possessions are gone. The one thing that we don’t want is having to deal with insurance companies, especially when there is a house fire insurance claim denied.
If you have had a fire in your home and filed a claim with the insurance company, you are in a vulnerable state. The insurance companies know this and might deny your claim without due process. Because of your state of mind, you may think that the insurance company was in the right to deny your fire loss claim. Also, they might convince you that the reasons that they denied your claim were honest and lawful.
If you are dealing with a denied claim from an insurance company after a fire in your home, you will want to get an experienced and knowledgeable lawyer to fight for your rights. The attorneys at Leverty & Associates have handled a lot of cases where fire loss claims have been denied by insurance companies.
We will fight the insurance companies hard to make sure you and your home are whole again. Call us for a free consultation at (702) 507-0201.
What A Las Vegas Fire Claim Denial Attorney Can Do For You
The aftermath of a house fire can be devastating. Most of the time, you have lost your prized possessions and the security of home ownership. And when an insurance company denies your fire loss claim, you may feel that you are at your wits end. Hiring a Las Vegas fire claim denial attorney can help with the following:
- Take a look at your homeowners insurance policy to get an idea of your coverage
- Investigate the fire, the cause, and what type of damage your home sustained
- Speak with your insurance company on your behalf to find out why your claim was denied
- Hire experts that can provide reports and testimony to defend your claim
- Negotiate with the insurance company to get you the compensation you deserve from your claim
- File a lawsuit against the insurance company if they have not negotiated in good faith.
If you have had your fire loss claim denied by an insurance company, don’t go at it alone. You need an attorney who will fight for your rights and make the insurance companies accountable.
Leverty & Associates Are Your Las Vegas Fire Loss Claims Attorneys
There are many fire loss denial claims attorneys in Las Vegas, but you will want ones that know the insurance industry inside and out and have a reputation for winning cases and getting you the maximum settlement amounts for your claim. Here is what you need to know about Leverty & Associates:
- We are experienced with the tactics that insurance companies take to deny claims.
- Our track record speaks for itself, but you can also read about what our past clients have written about us.
- We are a multi-generational law firm that has been providing clients with legal advice for over 40 years. Our team has a combined 102 years of experience, which shows that we know how to win for our clients.
- We work on a contingency basis, which means that we do not get paid unless you do. This way, you know that we will work diligently on your fire loss denial claim.
- We are compassionate about our clients and what we can do for them. We truly care about you and obtaining a positive outcome for every client is paramount to our practice.
How Our Las Vegas Fire Loss Claims Attorneys Can Help You
Going it alone after a house fire can be very stressful, dealing with insurance companies who want to not only pay out as little as possible for your claim but will deny your claim in any way possible. The experienced fire loss claims attorneys at Leverty & Associates care about our clients and will fight for your rights by:
- Taking the stress away from you by dealing directly with the insurance companies
- File documents and letters with the insurance companies with the necessary legal knowledge to show them we are serious about your claim
- Speaking with witnesses to the fire, including first responders and firemen, to ascertain the causes of the fire and any damage to help fight your claim denial
- Diligently pursuing your fire claim denial to get a reversal from the insurance company.
At Leverty & Associates, we will do everything within our legal power to make things right with the insurance companies. We have over 40 years of experience fighting for our clients’ rights.
Dealing With Insurance Companies For Your Fire Loss Claims
Nobody enjoys dealing with their insurance company when they need to file a claim. Doing so can be very stressful, and you may be worried that you may say the wrong thing. Here are some tips when dealing with your insurance company.
- Be Careful What You Say – If you are contacted by your insurance company, or if you are speaking to them for the first time regarding your claim, be careful what you tell them. They are probably recording the call. It is important to remember that anything you say can be used against you in your claim.
- Never Accept Their First Offer – Insurance companies are in business to make money. In order to accomplish that goal, they want to pay out as little as possible for claims. It therefore stands to reason that they will lowball their first offer on your claim. While it may be tempting to take the first offer, be patient and let your fire loss claim denial attorneys negotiate with the insurance companies to get you a higher payout.
- Have an experienced fire loss claim denial lawyer with you every step of the way.
The fire loss claims attorneys at Leverty & Associates know that insurance companies want to pay out as little as possible. We have the knowledge and experience to negotiate with them to hold them accountable for paying you what you are legally entitled to.
Denial of Fire Loss Claims in Las Vegas
You have paid your insurance premiums on your house diligently over the years and haven’t yet had to file a claim. You have saved important policy documents and filed a claim with your insurance company on time and with the right documents. However, your claim was denied.
Here are some possible reasons why your fire loss claim was denied.
- Non-payment of premiums
- Failing to file your claim on time
- Failure to take preventative measures to avoid damage
- Exclusion clauses in your policy.
These reasons for denial can be very frustrating because you feel that you are the one responsible for the denial. While these reasons may seem clear to you, there may be ways to fight these types of fire loss denial claims. Let the fire loss claim attorneys at Leverty & Associates fight for you. Call us at (702) 507-0201.
Other Reasons For Denial of Fire Loss Claims
The insurance company will try to deny your fire loss insurance claim for any reason they can think up. Here are some other more debatable reasons why your claim might be denied:
- Suspected Arson or Fraud – Even if the fire in your home was accidental, the insurance company may try to say that the fire was set on purpose in order to file a claim. This is their way of not paying their customers after a fire.
- Not Enough Coverage – The insurance company might claim that you do not have sufficient coverage for your claim. They might say that the specific type of fire that damaged your home was not covered by your policy.
- Disputes on Damages – The insurance company may claim that your policy doesn’t cover damages that were caused by smoke or water as opposed to fire. They may use this to deny your fire loss claim.
- Disputing the Valuation – If the insurance company says that you valued your home at more than it is worth, they may deny your claim.
- Design Issues – The insurance company might come back to you saying that parts of your home were defectively designed or that work done on your home by a contractor was not up to code.
There may be more reasons why your insurance company denied your fire loss claim. Hiring an experienced and knowledgeable fire loss claim attorney can help you fight the insurance companies who want to save money by illegally denying your claim.
You deserve an attorney that knows the tactics that insurance companies use to deny claims. Call Leverty & Associates at (702) 507-0201 for a free consultation.
Our Las Vegas Fire Loss Denial Claim Attorneys Fight Bad Faith Insurance Companies
If you have been denied a fire loss claim by your insurance company and you think that they were wrong in doing so, you can fight their decision. Insurance companies must act in good faith when analyzing your claim. Some of the ways that insurance companies act in bad faith include:
- Not conducting a thorough investigation of the fire or even not conducting one at all
- Denying a claim based on assumptions and suspicions not by the evidence provided to them
- Not providing a valid reason for denying your fire loss claim
- Refusing to pay or delaying payment to you for a valid claim
- Violating the terms of the insurance policy
- Accusing a policyholder of fraud or arson without any evidence to back up the claim.
It is important to remember that insurance companies are businesses and want to pile up profits. This means paying as little as possible to their customers when a claim is filed. We understand the motives of insurance companies and will help you fight them for any decisions that are done in bad faith.
Leverty & Associates Answers Your Questions About Fire Loss Claim Denial
We know that you will have specific questions about your particular case, which we will discuss during our initial consultation. However, there are some questions that we are frequently asked which are outlined below.
While you don’t necessarily need an attorney to help you fight your fire loss claim, we highly recommend that you hire one. Fighting the insurance companies can be stressful and difficult. A seasoned attorney can help you get what you deserve.
No. You have the right to pursue a fire loss claim in court or appeal the claim with the insurance company. Having an experienced lawyer to help you do this is important.
There are many reasons why your claim was denied by the insurance company. Some damages may not be covered, or the claim was submitted after the policy deadline.
Nevada law states that you have 4 years from the date of the denial claim to file a lawsuit against the insurance company for a bad faith denial claim.
Insurance companies want to make money, just like any business. They want to pay as little as possible on your claim.
If you have additional questions, please reach out to Leverty & Associates at (702) 507-0201.
Contact Our Las Vegas Fire Loss Claim Denied Attorney
The Las Vegas fire loss claim denial attorneys at Leverty & Associates are here to help you get the compensation you deserve from your insurance company. We are experienced and knowledgeable and know how to get you the most compensation for your claim. Call us at (702) 507-0201 for a free consultation.