Why Choose Our Commercial Vehicle Accident Lawyers?
We Get Results – Over $150 Million Won
Choosing the right Reno commercial vehicle accident lawyer is important. When making this decision, consider the firm’s reputation for success. We are proud of our accomplishments and have helped our clients collect over $150 million. Consider our background:
- Knowledge: For over 4 decades we have practiced in Nevada, resulting in outstanding insight into the state’s insurance system, courts, and the legal problems Nevadans face.
- Experience: Our team has more than 100 years of combined legal experience, including commercial vehicle accident cases. Lead attorney Patrick Leverty is certified as a personal injury specialist by the State Bar of Nevada, and our firm’s founder, Gene Leverty, has obtained several multimillion-dollar jury verdicts and settlements.
- Reputation: Nothing speaks more strongly to the service we provide than the words of our clients.
We offer free consultations to all prospective clients. We also offer contingency fee agreements—when we take your case you don’t pay us upfront, you pay us when we win.
What We Do to Help You
Handling the Legal Process Is Our Responsibility
Commercial vehicle accidents are traumatizing. Victims are likely stressed, confused, and unsure of what to do. When you trust us with your case, we will clearly explain the process for seeking compensation. Our commercial vehicle accident lawyer in Reno will:
- Investigate the evidence to establish fault.
- Examine your damages and advise you of the value of your claim.
- Complete and file all necessary paperwork.
- Skillfully negotiate with the insurance company to maximize your settlement.
- Aggressively litigate your case, if necessary.
To learn more about how we can help you, contact us to arrange a free consultation.
Questions Are Common
Commercial Trucking Attorneys Answer FAQs
Below are answers to general questions regarding commercial vehicle accidents. Once our commercial trucking attorneys learn the circumstances of your situation, we can provide tailored guidance.
Can the trucking company or any other company the driver works for be sued?
In accidents caused by negligent commercial drivers, the drivers’ employers may be held liable if they did not maintain their vehicles, properly train drivers, or complete adequate background checks on driving records. Your commercial trucking accident lawyer can help determine who may be responsible.
Can other parties be held liable in commercial vehicle accidents?
Yes, depending on the situation. If another driver cut off the truck that then swerved and hit you, they may be liable. If a defective part on the truck contributed to the crash, the manufacturer might share liability.
What if the at-fault party says that I helped cause the accident?
If the at-fault party can convince the court or the insurance company that you were partially to blame, your compensation will be reduced by your percentage of fault. As your Reno commercial vehicle accident lawyer, we will work hard to prove the fault of the other party and reduce your responsibility.
How long do I have to file a commercial vehicle accident lawsuit?
You generally have two years under the Nevada statute of limitations to file a personal injury lawsuit. The clock begins on the date of the accident or the date you discovered you were injured. In wrongful death cases, the deadline is two years from the date of death.
We hope this information is helpful. For answers to more specific questions, reach out to us directly.
Understanding Your Commercial Vehicle Accident Claim
Damages Are Multifaceted
Damages that may be recovered in a commercial vehicle accident claim include compensation for:
- Current and estimated future medical expenses
- Lost wages and benefits
- Future lost income
- Physical and mental pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Property damage
- Punitive damages in cases of egregious negligence.
As your commercial vehicle accident lawyer in Reno, we will identify the totality of your damages, including those that may be realized in the future. We will work tirelessly to quantify and substantiate all of them on your behalf. Maximizing your settlement while minimizing your stress is our primary goal.
Wrongful Death Cases
If you lost a family member in a commercial vehicle accident, you may be able to recover compensation through a wrongful death claim. Damages in these cases may include, but are not limited to: funeral and burial costs, medical costs prior to death for accident-related injuries, loss of income, loss of consortium, and loss of affection and care. Eligible survivors and personal representatives of decedents’ estates can file for wrongful death.
Commercial Vehicle Accident Causes
Accidents involving large trucks and other commercial vehicles can happen in a variety of ways. Some of the reasons include:
- Driving under the influence
- Reckless driving
- Speeding to meet tight delivery schedules
- Distracted driving including cell phone use
- Poorly loaded cargo
- Defective vehicle parts and equipment
- Other negligent drivers
- Poor training of drivers or maintenance of vehicles
- Roadway hazards.
Truck drivers, other commercial drivers, and trucking companies are subject to strict safety rules and regulations. When these are not followed and accidents occur, negligent parties can and should be held responsible.