Admitted to Practice:
Seattle University, Sullivan School of Law (J.D.), Cum Laude
University of Connecticut School of Law (LL.M., Insurance Law)
University of California at Santa Barbara
Phone: (775) 322-6636
Fax: (775) 322-3953
Patrick Leverty joined the firm in the fall of 2004. Prior to joining the firm, he served as a judicial law clerk for the Honorable Janet Berry in the Second Judicial District Court in Reno.
Patrick received a Master of Laws (LL.M.) in Insurance from the University of Connecticut School of Law in 2010. Patrick received his Juris Doctor Degree (J.D.) from Seattle University School of Law, in Seattle, Washington, where he graduated cum laude. He obtained his Bachelor of Arts Degree in Business-Economics and History from the University of California at Santa Barbara, in Santa Barbara, California.
Patrick Leverty is rated AV by Martindale Hubbell (the highest rating), and has been granted membership in the Million Dollar Advocate Forum, and Multi-Million Dollar Advocate Forum. Patrick Leverty has been certified as a Personal Injury Specialist by the State Bar of Nevada.
With his masters in insurance law, Patrick routinely helps individuals and businesses who are having issues with their insurance company. He also has extensive experience with personal injury actions, complex tort actions, product liability matters and class actions.
Patrick is married with two children.
Learn more about us.
Professional Recognition & Awards
Mountain States Super Lawyer – Rising Stars Edition, Insurance Coverage (2011-2017)
Legal Elite – Top Northern Nevada Attorneys, Nevada Business Magazine (2012-2016)
Personal Injury Specialist – State Bar of Nevada (March 2016- March 2021)
The National Trial Lawyers – Top 100 Trial Lawyers – Nevada
America’s Top 100 Attorneys
Professional Memberships & Activities
Nevada Justice Association
- President Elect (2017-2018)
- Vice President (2016-2017)
- Treasurer (2015-2016)
- Secretary (2014-2015)
- Board of Governors (2009-present)
State Bar of Nevada
- Insurance & Health Law Section, Chair (2015-2017)
- Insurance & Health Law Section, Vice Chair (2013-2015)
- Insurance & Health Law Section, Secretary (2011-2012)
- Insurance & Health Law Section, CLE Chair (2010-2011)
American Association of Justice
Washoe County Bar Association
Hertz v. Hartford Life & Accident Ins. Co., 991 F. Supp. 2d. 1121 (D. Nev. Jan. 9, 2014)
Renown Reg’l Med. Ctr. v. Second Judicial Dist. Court, 130 Nev. Adv. Rep. 80, 335 P.3d 199 (October 2, 2014)
“Failure to Settle: Third Party Lawsuits,” Presenter, Nevada Justice Association seminar (Reno, June 18, 2015)
“Hot Topics in Insurance Law,” Presenter, State Bar of Nevada Annual Meeting (Newport Beach, California, July 11, 2014)
“Basics to Analysis of Insurance Coverage – Primary to Bad Faith,” Presenter, State Bar of Nevada seminar (Las Vegas, January 15, 2014
“Advanced Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Law,” Presenter, National Business Institute seminar (Reno, December 19, 2013)
Patrick Leverty has authored or co-authored a number of articles on insurance law:
- “Absolute Liability for Automobile Insurers” published in the September/October 2015 Issue of the Advocate.
- “Aiding and Abetting Bad Faith” published in the July/August 2014 Issue of the Advocate.
- “ERISA Discovery for the Nevada Plaintiff” published in the May/June 2013 Issue of the Advocate.
- “2011 Nevada Supreme Court Decisions Relating to Property And Casualty Insurance” published in the May/June 2012 Issue of the Advocate.
- “What You Need to Know about a Nevada Insured’s Duty to Cooperate in a First-Party Insurance Claim” published in the May/June 2011 Issue of the Advocate.
- “Can a Risk Retention Group Cover Contract Liability? A Legal Analysis of the 1986 Liability Risk Retention Act” published in the Forum – Risk Retention Reporter 2009.
- “Full Disclosure of Producer Compensation: The Cheapest E&O Insurance” published in the Winter 2008 FORC Journal; and
- “Confusion Abounds Subrogation/Reimbursement in Health Insurance Policies and Plans”published in the March 2006 edition of Nevada Lawyer.