Have You Been Injured &
Denied an Insurance Claim?

Hit and Run Car Accidents

Q: What if the other driver in an accident flees the scene without providing their information?

First, I would stay at the scene of the accident. If the other driver flees, call the police, so they can make a report that there was an accident and another vehicle involved in the accident. To the extent that you can, you should describe the other vehicle to the police.

Then contact your own insurance company because that would fall under your uninsured motorists’ coverage potentially.

Hopefully the police, if you’re able to give them enough information, could track down the at-fault driver and you could make a claim under that driver’s policy. If they can’t be found, you can at least make a claim while working with an experienced car accident attorney against your own UM insurance policy.

Learn more about auto accidents.