Hit and Run Car Accidents

Q: What if the other driver in an accident flees the scene without providing their information?

First, I would stay at the scene of the accident. If the other driver flees, call the police, so they can make a report that there was an accident and another vehicle involved in the accident. To the extent that you can, you should describe the other vehicle to the police.

Then contact your own insurance company because that would fall under your uninsured motorists’ coverage potentially.

Hopefully the police, if you’re able to give them enough information, could track down the at-fault driver and you could make a claim under that driver’s policy. If they can’t be found, you can at least make a claim while working with an experienced Reno car accident attorney against your own UM insurance policy.

Attorney Patrick Leverty

Attorney Patrick LevertyWith his master’s in insurance law, Patrick routinely helps individuals and businesses who are having issues with their insurance company. He also has extensive experience with personal injury actions, complex tort actions, product liability matters, and class actions. Patrick Leverty is rated AV by Martindale Hubbell (the highest rating) and has been granted membership in the Million Dollar Advocate Forum, and Multi-Million Dollar Advocate Forum. Patrick Leverty has been certified as a Personal Injury Specialist by the State Bar of Nevada. [ Attorney Bio ]